COVID-19 India
India Corona 19
India News Covid
Rajasthan Royals Pacer Chetan Sakariya's Father Dies Of Covid-19
<p>The second wave of the dreaded Coronavirus has been hard on India. Many people have lost their loved ones due to rise in Covid-19 cases in the country. In a heart-breaking news, Rajasthan Royals pacer Chetan Sakariya lost his father today, May 9. The cricketers' father, Mr Kanjibhai Sakariya, had tested positive for Coronavirus a few days ago. </p> <p>“It is unfortunate and our prayers with the family at this time,” news agency ANI quoted an unnamed Rajasthan Royals official as saying on Sunday.</p> <p>[tw]https://twitter.com/rajasthanroyals/status/1391304839364112386[/tw]</p> <p>BCCI suspended IPL 2021 due to rise in Covid-19 cases inside bio-secure bubble. While some players rejoiced after reuniting with their families, it was a difficult time for Chetan Sakariya who got to know that his father has tested Covid-19 positive.</p> <p>Fortunately for Sakariya, half of the IPL did take place, helping him earn some money that he could send to his family in this hour of need.</p> <p>“I was lucky because I had received my part payment from Rajasthan Royals a few days ago. I straight away transferred money back home, and that is helping my family the most in my toughest time,” Sakariya told The Indian Express.</p> <p>Chetan Sakaria who was picked at Rs 1.23 crores at IPL auction also told The Indian Express, "People are saying stop IPL. I want to tell them something, I am the only bread earner in my family. Cricket is the only source of my earnings. I can give better treatment to my father because of the money I earned from IPL"</p> <p>Earlier this week, cricketer Veda Krishnamurthy lost her mother and sister in a span of two weeks to Covid-19 after they were tested Covid-19 positive.</p>
from covid-19 https://ift.tt/3xXQ2V7
from covid-19 https://ift.tt/3xXQ2V7
No comments